Monday, January 21, 2013

Freezer Meals: Pizza Sauce

I have a few recipes that I want to post of necessary ingredients for other recipes I plan to share with you. This is one of those.

I tend to cook using the "ish" method: little to no measuring. I did measure out the ingredients the last time I made sauce so you can have more to work with than "ish". You can adjust as you see fit.

Pizza Sauce

For a long time I bought Hunt's pizza sauce for homemade pizza. Then I realized how easy it was for me to make my own. I like the flavor and consistency much better.



You will need: tomato sauce (29 oz), Italian seasoning (1 tablespoon), garlic powder (1 teaspoon), and salt (dash).

Mix together. I separate this recipe into three containers and freeze. One container is enough sauce for 2 pizzas.

We have pizza almost weekly per HH's request. I use Pioneer Woman's Pizza Crust. I've found that I like the crust best baked on the lowest rack in the oven for 15 minutes instead of 10.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is how I make my sauce also. I tried to can tomatoes one year for it. Sadly I didn't can them long enough. So I will be trying that again this summer caning a basic tomatoe sauce.