Thursday, January 16, 2014

'Til My Sides Hurt

The kids are talking at the dinner table and this is the point of the conversation that I pick up on:

Hazel: Jesus and his elves made the world.

Abiah: Jesus doesn't have elves.

Amelia: God made Ho, Ho, Ho and his elves.

Abiah: Santa didn't make anything.

Hazel: Yes! Jesus!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackson climbs up on Abiah's bed and starts singing to him. "Hush little baby. Don't say word. Momm gonna buy you a diamond ring. If that diamond ring turn brass, Momma gonna buy you a Monkey Bird!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hazel is coloring her school work with a marker and begins to hold her nose. I'm leaning close to her so I can see what she is doing. She looks my way and says, "Do you know why I'm doing this?"

"No. Why?"

"Because. I farted."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackson, "Mom, can you make me a swanich?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During our morning devotions we read about fear and asking Jesus to help us when we are afraid. After the reading I ask the kids, "Is there anything you are afraid of that you can ask Jesus to help you with?"

Amelia was the first to reply, "Ummmmmm, lions and tigers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was holding Jackson and I burped (thank you, Coke!). Jackson said, "That was burp! I love that burp! It was scusting!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During morning devotions we were talking about keeping our eyes on Jesus.

Abiah said he didn't understand how we can keep our eyes on Jesus if we can't see him. I tried to explain that when we are tempted to sin or are scared we can choose to think about Jesus and let him help us. I said, "Keeping our eyes on Jesus means we can keep our heart focused on Jesus."

Abiah: "Oh. I didn't know my heart had eyes."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackson when counting anything: "One, two, free, four, six, seven, eight!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hazel was giving us a geography lesson during dinner one night. "Africa is a place where there's lots of zombies!"

#homeschoolingrocks ;)




No comments: