Friday, January 17, 2014

Favorite Things Friday

Here are a few things that have made me smile this week. Enjoy and join in with a comment on some of your favorite things from this last week.


Krooked Kastle Krooked Kakes! You know you live in a Krooked house when all your cakes resemble the Leaning Tower of Pisa. This was the cake I made for our belated Christmas celebration with HH's family. It was a delightful weekend and a delicious cake!

One of my all time favorite people had a birthday this week. In all my 33 years of life I've never admired anyone more. We are more than sisters. We are Pin Dins.

One of my favorite meals I made this week and I couldn't even eat it on account of all the eggs in it. Frittatas have become a family favorite. Before I new I had an allergy to eggs I joined in the good eats. I still love making them for my family though. It's a perfect way to use up left over pasta or rice dishes. The funny thing about this particular frittata is that Jackson refused to eat the pasta for dinner the night before, but then he ate one and a half pieces of frittata and wanted more! Silly kid.

My parents and their housemates, who conveniently live five minutes away from me, were given an espresso/coffee maker that makes single cup servings and it is the most amazing machine ever! The other day, after dealing with a certain child's school related melt down, I called my mom at work and asked/begged for some left-over Christmas candy. "Yes! Of course! It's in the garage. And make yourself a cup of coffee while you're there." She speaks the best words.

While doing school with Abiah I hear Jackson say, "I sink I need help, Momma." Oh dear. He got stuck climbing up to get his sister's flashlight from off the top of the microwave. These kinds of things happen everyday.

My MIL saw these and thought of me. And then she thought of all the chipped bowls in my cupboard and decided I needed these. I love them! And the kids do too. Color makes everything better. And I got rid of five chips bowls and replaced them with eight shiny new ones!
And the grand finale is a video I took of Jackson guiding the Kitchen Aid as it mixed up our mashed potatoes. He is so helpful in the kitchen. And he's addicting. I love how hard he concentrates on getting his arm to move the right direction.





What are some of your favorites from this week?

No comments: