Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Low-Fat Cell Phone

I'm sure you've all seen commercials like this one:




Seriously?!?

Because it's totally the phone's fault that we spend more of our time looking at it then talking with the people we are with?

Isn't that like saying it's all the food's fault that we get fat? It's definitely not the fact that we ate more than we should! So let's remove the fat/carbs/sugar from the food and that will fix it!

Sorry. I tend to be on the "it's more about self-discipline" side of these things.

And for those of you who don't know me, I'm not a Twiggy look-a-like who has never weighed over 120. I have to purpose every day to be disciplined when it comes to eating.

Can't we just be honest with ourselves and admit that we lack some serious self-control?

It's your phone/email/facebook. You don't have to answer it or check it. You can choose to ignore it for awhile.

Seriously!

Stepping off my soapbox now...

No comments: