Friday, January 14, 2011

Bedtime Crazy

This is almost exactly what bedtime has been in our house lately:



In my case I hear:

"Mom!"

"Yes?"

"Make sure Millie doesn't get out of her bed and climb into mine and sleep with me."

"Okay. Amelia is asleep and can't climb out of her crib. Go to sleep. Goodnight!"

"Mom!"

"Yes?"

"Make sure no rats get into here and eat me."

"There are no rats in our house. You are okay and safe. Go to sleep. Goodnight!"
(Thankyouverymuch! Indian in the Cupboard movie!)

"Mom!"

"Yes?"

"Make sure Daddy doesn't sleep on the couch. He has to sleep in his bed."

"Okay. That's enough talking. Go. To. Sleep. Goodnight."

"Mom!"

"What?"

"I said that you and me and Millie and me and you and Abiah can have Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast tomorrow."

"I said goodnight. We will talk in the morning. GO! TO! SLEEP! NOW. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

2 comments:

Marie C. said...

Okay, I have to admit, when I read this all that was going through my head was The Waltons ("Goodnight, JohnBoy!"). Did you ever watch that? :-)

pistolsnprincesses said...

I haven't but I've heard it referenced before. The "goodnights" at my house aren't ending so much on the pleasant note though. The first time I saw the video I cracked up because it is sooooo real to me. I wish for the days of pleasant "JohnBoy goodnights!"