Monday, July 5, 2010

Rolling Pin Revisited

So the other day I shared these pictures with you:





Any time I see a rolling pin I am instantly transported back to seventh grade in Mr. B's class. I had a crush on this guy, Shane, for like a week. Being the seventh grade girl that I was supposed to be, I tried to make him aware of this fact by hitting him all the time. He deserved it, I'm sure.

P.S. Why do girls do this? I am embarrassed to think back on those days of my adolescence and I feel embarrassed for young girls who acts this way. If you have the answer let me know.

Back to the story.

So, Shane came to school one day and told me he had had a dream about me the night before. I got all giddy thinking this was a good sign for me and my crush. He told me that in his dream we were married. My heart started beating faster and I'm sure I turned all shades of red.

Then he told me that in his dream about us being married, every time he came home from work I would beat him with a rolling pin for no reason. I died a thousand deaths and melted to the floor. Figuratively speaking (Dad).

I think that this is the point in the story where it's completely normal for you to feel sorry for my seventh grade self.

I do.

How I managed to scrape myself up off the floor, I'll never know. Every time I see a rolling pin I'm reminded of that moment in my awkward adolescence.

And Shane, I don't beat my husband with a rolling pin at all. I do hit him once in a while though. He doesn't like it.

Oh, when will I grow up!?!

No comments: