Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Best Smell

It just started raining for the first time in about a week. I know that doesn't sound like a long time to most people. But those people don't live in Oregon. And their summer weather probably didn't just start one week ago.

As much as I would love for the clouds to roll away and the blue sky to reappear, I want to take this moment to appreciate one of my favorite smells. Rain. After it's been dry for awhile and then it rains it smells so good.

I could just stand outside for awhile and enjoy the smell. But my kids would tear up the house and that would ruin my rain smell vibe.

Does anyone else remember when Target carried a line of perfumes made from natural scents like fresh cut grass and rain? I loved those. I was going to purchase one of the rain perfumes but I kept forgetting.

I'm good with follow through like that.

If you remember those perfumes, and/or if you ever purchased one, was it everything I dreamed it would be?

No comments: