Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Beer Belly

I know I told you that it was a baby.

I led you to believe I am expecting a little man-child in the next month.

I may have even given stats and even posted pictures of "the goods."

It was a lie.

A terrible lie to cover up the bigger issue.

My beer belly.

My profile may resemble a pregnant woman, but don't let your eyes fool you. It's just a beer belly.

When you are sitting next to me and think you can see movement, it's not a baby. It's my muscles. Yes, even though I have an enormous beer belly I still have AMAZING stomach muscle control.

I'm magical that way.

I know I should have been honest with you. That's part of the joy of blogging; honesty while hidden behind a computer screen.

Maybe it was just easier to cope with the issue by tricking myself and you into believing it was something it wasn't.

Maybe I figured it would be easier to answer the "here's your sign" questions like "Wow! You're still pregnant?!" and "Are you sure there aren't two in there?!" then having to give an honest answer about my addiction.

People don't judge so much when it's a baby in there. Everyone loves babies, right?

Whatever it was or is, the truth is out now and I can rest.

For those who need it, here's the proof. My Beer Belly:



36 weeks pregnant!

Oh, shoot! There I go again. You know what they say! Once you start lying it's hard to stop!

4 comments:

Amanda Todd said...

Hahahahaha!!!! I know I love the "are you sure there aren't two in there" comments!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You look so beautiful <3 I can't wait to meet my little nephew!!

joettafort said...

You can't fool me!