Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Should Have Made It Spicy

Maybe then I wouldn't have eating the whole bowl.

You see, I made a bowl of pico de gallo. And then I had to taste test it. And it was good. Very good.

And since I hadn't had any lunch, I ate it. But my in-laws were coming for dinner. And I promised homemade pico de gallo.

So I made more. Gladly.

Homemade Pico de Gallo:

Equal parts:

onion, tomato, and cilantro diced small and mixed together with 1 or 2 diced jalapeno peppers.

Removing the seeds from the jalapenos keeps your pico de gallo on the mild side. Which was my mistake. I think. I can't decide. It was awfully good.

Add the juice from half a lime and salt to taste. And taste you will.

(My mom just informed me that she adds crushed garlic which sounds divinity! I'm gonna try it next time.)

Serve with chips or on your favorite Mexican dish. Mmmmmm. I think I need to go make a fresh batch.

No comments: