Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Most Delicious Thing You'll Ever Make

So, Mrs Pioneer Woman posted a recipe for Nutella Rice Crispy Treats last week. They looked amazing but I can't have them since Nutella has soy in it. I sent the link to a friend and then read through the post. One of the topping suggestions Ree had was for salted caramel. It was at that moment that the stars aligned and the heaven's split open and the angels sang, "Ahhhhhhh!"

Salted caramel is one of my favorite things EVER! I can have salted caramel. So If I just make rice crispy treats I can top it with salted caramel. And the world would be a better place!

So I convinced HH that I needed to run to the store and he decided he would make dinner that night ( more starts aligning!). By the end of two hours I had a 9x9 pan of marshmallow and caramel goodness.

(Of course the going to the store factors into the time. It only takes a few minutes to make this wonderful treat. So you should do it. Now.)

First make rice crispies. 6 cups of cereal, one 10 ounce bag of marshmallows, and 4 tablespoons of butter. Melt the butter and marshmallows and when completely melted and smooth, mix with cereal. Press mixture into a well buttered 9x9 pan.




For the caramel topping I used one bag of caramels. I don't know what size it was, but just figure the more the merrier. I melted the caramels with about 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk, 1 tablespoon of butter and a splash of milk. When this mixture is smooth and creamy pour it over the rice crispy treats then top with salt. I use sea salt. You'll want to let them sit for a bit before you cut into them to allow the caramel to set.




When you do cut into them eat one right away. It will be the best decision you've made all day.











2 comments:

MamaHen said...

Oh yum, that looks sooo good. I could just eat the caramel topping alone! :)

I came over from Rachel's blog. Would love for you to visit!

Unknown said...

wow that looks and sounds amazing.