Saturday, February 6, 2010

Of Chickens, Gobbles And Burritos

Hazel came in the kitchen and saw me de-boning a roasted chicken and exclaimed, "Mom! You making a mess!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm reading Respectable Sins right now and have been reading it out loud so I can focus through the noise that is my children. Abiah asked me, "Mom are you reading the gobbles?"

"The gobbles? What are the gobbles, Abiah?"

"You know. The story about Jesus."

"You mean The Gospels?"

"Oh... yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made burritos for the kids dinner earlier this week. Trying to get Hazel to eat her dinner I told her no cake unless she ate her burrito. She refused the cake and got down to go play. After about five minutes I got out the frozen mixed veggies for Amelia and within seconds Hazel came racing back into the kitchen to eat her burrito so she could have frozen veggies! Sometimes I don't understand that girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the same burrito dinner I realized that all the kids weren't really enjoying their dinner and so I asked, "Do you guys really not like the burritos?" Amelia turned toward me with her nose all scrunched up and started jabbering off as if she was completely disgusted by her dinner.

2 comments:

LaFonda Dunlap said...

Hazel probably would have loved the chance to join you in your mess making!
I love that Abiah knows where to read about the life of Jesus. Some adults couldn't make a guess as close as the Gobbles!
Looks like you better lay off the burrito's! How cute she is!

pistolsnprincesses said...

Well, today after Abiah had been upset about what I served for lunch and Hazel had been disobedient over and over again Abiah reminded Hazel that Jesus says we need to obey our parents and I said, "Yeah, you remember that Abiah. It also says to be thankful." And he said, "Well, I don't read the...We don't read the Bible very much."

I didn't know whether to laugh or to feel bad that I don't read the Bible to him enough.