Friday, June 8, 2012

Lump

The other day Hazel sat down on my lap and told me she thought we should make lump.I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about so she described it for me.

"You take cereal and you put it on a pan and you put candy on the pan and then you put it in the oven and that's lump!"

I giggled and whispered to HH that I kind of wanted to make it with her just because she wanted to. He thought we might have some marshmallows and suggested I try that. Great idea!

I took the girls into the kitchen. I found three or four huge marshmallows and threw those into a glass bowl with a little bit of butter. After melting those in the microwave for a minute or two I had the girls help me fill the bowl with the only cereal we had in the house, fruit loops.

Side note: I stopped buying cereal because it costs so much. The night before we made lump I had decided to bring dry cereal to a girl's night as a snack to share because it just sounded so good. My kids were beyond thrilled because they got the left overs. the excitement of having cereal is what lead to this brilliant idea, I'm sure, since they wanted cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that day.

So, after we added the cereal I mixed it all together and dumped it into an 8x8 greased pan. Then, to follow Hazel's instructions, I put it in the oven.  






The oven was set to this temperature:



After we cleaned up we pulled the pan out and we had Lump!





The enthusiastic chefs.
Lump was a perfect treat for the whole family. Try it sometime! Do your kids help in the kitchen? Do they ever come up with their own crazy recipes?

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Okay I laughed out loud at the oven temp pic because I thought you were really going to bake it and was thinkging "gross"! Haha, you are an awesome Mom. I've been enjoying all your meal planning posts.