Monday, October 10, 2011

When Failing is Passing

Usually I get a little disappointed when the schedule I've worked at perfecting gets messed up. There's nothing like thinking you have total control only to be slammed in the face with the reality that you really aren't. But sometimes it's nice to be out of control.

Like when you have been told you need surgery to remove a cyst and possibly an ovary so you plan and prepare both heart and home only to then find out you don't need surgery.

Or when they say, "But we want to do a blood test to see if there is any other cause for malformation" and you ask for specifics and they cautiously use the "C" word so you, being equally cautious, tell your loved ones. But then you receive a phone call letting you know you've failed. You've failed the test which means you really passed.

And you breathe a sigh of relief. Thankful also that this time you also passed the test of fear because you didn't let your mind go there. There being the land of "What will my family do without me?"

This is one time that I am thankful to pull out the eraser and rub the plans away from the pages. This is the first week in a month that there are no doctor appointments for our family. So, I plan to stay home as much as possible and get into the fall routine I was looking forward to starting in September.

What are your plans for the week?



3 comments:

Marie C. said...

Yay for no doctor visits this week! Yay for staying home! Yay for failed tests!

Have a lovely, cozy week -- and remember even though it's October it's not too early for Christmas music and dancing in the living room with a bunch of silly kids. ;-)

LaFonda Dunlap said...

I am praising God for a failed test!!!
Glad you get to spend the week at home!
Love you dearly, mom

Jodi said...

Hurrah for failing! :) My plans are pure busyness - wish I could stay in and enjoy fall! Maybe next week :)