Thursday, December 30, 2010

The New Potty Talk

My kids have been using a lot of "potty talk" lately. Not the kind where they repeat "adult" words that they've heard "someone" use. The kind where they call each other poo-poo, pee-pee, and bottom and giggle uncontrollably because it's too much funny for them to handle.

I can sympathize with their situation since this is an issue my mom has had with me. Even when my kids are calling each other naughty names I have to hide the second grade child in me behind my "mom face."

We've had a crack down on the potty talk around here and they are learning that this kind of language has a purpose. Name calling is not that purpose.

Or maybe they are just learning that they get in trouble when they use "potty talk." Who knows. I don't hear it as much. That's the point, right?

Well, today Hazel figured out a way to get around the system. Genius child.

During breakfast she was rattling something of to her brother and ended it by saying, "You potty talk!"

I don't know if I should be concerned or slightly proud.

No comments: