Awhile ago this survey was being passed around on Facebook. I enjoyed it so much I thought I'd share it with all of you.
And just to stay completely honest with you about my OCD problem I had the hardest time reading other people's 25 random things only to find that they would reword 2 or 3 things about themselves over and over. Example?
1. I hate these kind of things.
2. I don't know why I'm doing this.
3. It surprises me that I'm filling this out.
4. I can think of a million other things I would rather do than fill out a survey like this.
Correct me if I'm wrong but those are all the same thing.
So, here is my list of 25 random things about me.
1. The way my husband smells in the morning makes my heart skip a beat. The smell of a newborn baby makes my uterus skip a beat.
2. I believe that if I don't understand something it's because that thing is stupid. Not me.
3. If I could be guaranteed my sanity, I would have 10 kids. I enjoy being pregnant. I LOVE giving birth. Jury's still out on the nursing thing.
4. I hate clothes shopping for myself. I could shop for others all day.
5. I love grocery shopping especially at Costco.
6. I can have clothes picked out for my family in less than 5 minutes. It can take me an hour to find something for me to wear and I probably still won't like it.
7. It doesn't matter if it's a lake on the top of the tallest mountain, there are still sharks in it. And you can't convince me otherwise. Unless the water is clear AND in a pool, there are sharks.
8. When Nathan and I first met I thought I could never marry someone like him. Now I can't breathe without him.
9. I could live in a bookstore or library...as long as there is a coffee shop nearby.
10. My kids are the most beautiful, smart and imaginative. And I tell them so.
11. Besides being a mom, my dream jobs would be: author/journalist, fashion designer or marine biologist working with whales. (Of course I may be rethinking this last one since the latest whale troubles at Seaworld!)
12. I have 23+ journals. All of them have been written in. Two of them are full. As a kid I always wanted to journal but was too afraid my sisters would read them.
13. I've always admired: Amber's confidence in style and her talent with hair and make-up, MaShayla's quick wit and sense of humor, and with Summer, well, she's my older sister and I always wanted to be just like her.
14. When I was young I wanted to grow up to be Tippy. Tippy was a homely looking dog who belonged to a good friend of ours. I'm glad I'm not Tippy.
15. I dream of singing the National Anthem at the opening of a major sports event someday. Public speaking, however, makes me want to hide behind my mom's skirt like a little girl.
16. I like country music. and sometimes it ministers to my spirit more than worship songs.
17. My mom is the ultimate hostess and has taught me well. I enjoy having people over and putting her teaching to good use. However, I am also probably the biggest recluse in my family. I love to be alone.
18. I own all 10 seasons of Friends and all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls. I'm only slightly embarrassed by this.
19. I knew Nathan and I would get married 3 years before he did.
20. I love de-cluttering my house (and others, too!) But I don't enjoy cleaning. My mom used to tell us to say "goodnight" to your house and it will say "goodmorning" to you. Mine usually has mean things to say at me.
21. I love museums and sightseeing.
22. Food tastes better when someone else makes it...and I add salt.
23. I love getting lost. Especially with Nikki. I think it adds adventure to a trip or outing. And it's funny.
24. My mom and my mother-in-law are two of my closest friends.
25. I like going to Catholic services because of the traditions and rituals. I think it's interesting and regal.
I hope you've enjoyed my randomness. I might just come up with a new list soon. Do you have a list like this? Leave a comment with the link.