Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thuth Free

As part of my Six Month Do Over I have decided to wean my girls from their binkies. Or as Hazel calls it, thuth (which means friend). I have been vacillating between feelings of dread and eagerness. Dreading the fight and yet eager to get it over with.

I know they can do it. Hazel is the hardest because she remembers. Millie is hard because she's still in that smooshy baby stage. But they are both doing a good job at being big girls.

Yesterday was day one. We had a small ceremony in the morning. The girls were each given their small pile of binkies and they took turns throwing them in the garbage. I kept some hidden away for keepsakes. They don't need to know that though. And neither does their daddy. Softy.


Pile 'o binkies


For old times sake


Hazel's turn


On second thought....


Amelia's turn


Binkie free!

Yesterday they napped well and went to bed just fine. They only woke up once during the night and then slept in until 9!

Today at nap they only slept for a half hour but they did fine the rest of the day. I am trying not to get my heart set on it being this easy everyday because I know it can change in a heart beat. But I am glad that we've taken that step and are sticking with it.

5 comments:

LaFonda Dunlap said...

Wow! I'm impressed. Good job Hazel,Good job Millie and great job Mommy. These pictures are treasures for sure.

christy rose said...

Oh Wow! I have one that needs to get rid of his too! I will be watching to see how it continues to go. :)

Unknown said...

Wow,, you'll have to tell me how to put the little note on your comment tab.. that is cool! I read the title to this and thought it said "Truth Free".. I was confused as to what you could want to be that way! ;) Glad it's going so well! You have amazing kidlets!

Rachel said...

I totally need to do this. (sigh). Ali only gets one (this is weird) halfway through her nap every day.

She wakes up halfway through, EVERY DAY, crying. I give it to her, she goes back to sleep for another 1.5 hours. I don't, she's up.

You see why I haven't taken it away yet.

pistolsnprincesses said...

Rachel,

I totally know what you're saying. My girls keep waking up about half way through nap time too. But I keep telling myself that will go away and life will be back to normal. In a few weeks at least. Hopefully. They do well at night though. Kind of surprising to me. But I'll take it! Good luck with Ali.