Monday, September 19, 2011

'Til My Sides Hurt: Same Same

When I was a kid my sisters and I had this saying. Whenever we realized were had something similar as each other, whatever it may be, we would say, "Same same!" Example?

Sister #1: "I have a cookie!"

Sister #2: "Me too!"

Sisters #1&2: "Same same!"

Silly? Sure. Weird? Of course. But it was our thing. Actually I think we still do it sometimes.

Anyways, my girls are at a stage where they are recognizing similarities between themselves and the people in their lives. Of course, this also means that they realize there are some differences too. Which has taken a lot of careful explaining on my part. Or not.

The other day Hazel kindly pointed out that I have a big rump. Being as graceful as one can be in such a situation I barked back, "Yes. I do. And when you and Amelia get older you will have big butts too!" And then I went and transferred money to their therapy funds. But we'll be same same!

Then today I took Amelia to the Dr. for some vision issues. As the nurse was checking her eyes, Amelia said, "I have boo eyes like Maga!"

The nurse replied, "Yes, you do! And you have pretty blonde hair too!"

Then, while stroking my bosom, Amelia said, "And I gonna have big boobies like my mamma when I get ohder!"

Same same!

3 comments: