Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One Year Down, Eleven More To Go

(This post was written in May and I forgot about it. It's important to me so I thought I'd share it anyways.)

For this kid anyways.

Yesterday Abiah took his first state assessment test. He scored in the 95%! And then I fainted from relief.

This year has been so trying scholastically, emotionally, and physically. I'm not going to get into all the details. I'm over it. Or I'm in denial. Whatever.

These last few weeks I feel like a veil has been lifted and I'm seeing more clearly. The crazy of having a newborn and a 15 month old while trying to homeschool a 6 year old is wearing off. Abiah is reading, which makes homeschooling so much easier.And Hazel is mostly potty trained, which makes life much easier.

I think what gives me the most relief is the feeling of being settled into this life that I'm leading. Through whatever message I've been soaking up, I've bought into the idea that this job of a SAHHM is less than, simplistic, and invaluable. Maybe even pathetic. Oh how sad! Especially because it's what I WANT!

Since I used to be the Testing Manager in the office where Abiah took his test yesterday it was also a trip down memory lane. As I watched the ladies in the office answering phones, managing and directing I felt a tug of jealousy to return to that time in my life. Oh, to feel like my life had an impact, to know that I am accomplishing something!

And then we came home. And Abiah read a book. Hazel went potty in the toilet. Amelia toddled around singing and laughing. And Nathan was happy.

No comments: